Club Development Coach, Mick Lee, has been appointed as Insight Manager at England Athletics. He begins his new role on Monday 27 June. We wish him well in his new role.
According to the Job Description, Mick’s Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop an insight plan for EA and drive the embedding of insight to dictate all areas of EA’s work and delivery (driving a culture of evidence based decision-making).
- Oversee and be accountable for the delivery of the insight plan; developing appropriate systems for target setting, accountability, responsibility, decision making, monitoring and evaluation and reporting.
- Work with the Head of Operations to develop a programme for creating insight that combines work within EA and across wider athletics and running partners.
- Oversee financial planning, monitoring and reporting for EA’s insight work.
- Manage the contracts of any agencies used to deliver the insight plan.
Market Research & Understanding
- Lead and advocate EA’s market segmentation approach embedding the segments into the everyday working of EA colleagues.
- Manage an annual participation tracker survey, ensuring data is analysed and the findings presented to relevant colleagues in an appropriate and actionable way.
- Deliver original research, including project and budget management, contributing to designing methodology, writing briefs and liaising with agencies.
- Establish a process for managing research projects across EA.
- Conduct competitor market analysis and utilise this information to drive improvement in delivery.
- Monitor, analyse and compile EA and third party information and research to create the definitive source of data for the sport.
Performance Management & Programme Support
- Work with the Head of Operations to produce relevant and timely insight updates for the EA Board, SLT, all EA departments.
- Provide training and support to individuals and teams across EA on how to use available insight to inform better decision-making and drive improvements in EA work/delivery.
- Deliver insight to the wider business using dashbords and performance metrics that allows evaluation of impact against strategic objectives and organisational goals.
- Capture, monitor and evaluate national/local market trends to inform decision making and to assist with forecasting future participation trends.
- Analyse and interpret sources of quantitative and qualitative information to produce insight for EA to inform decision-making, planning and delivery.
- Monitor and evaluate Return on Investment (ROI) to reflect the wider benefits of our work against achieving clearly defined outcomes (e.g. the impact on health and wellbeing).
Consultation and Member Engagement
- Design an annual programme of quantitative and qualitative consultation utilising online and offline methods to generate high quality feedback from stakeholders across the sport including clubs, bodies, athletes, coaches and officials.
- Work with the existing representative governance structure of Councils to execute the consultation plan.
- Effectively publish consultation findings and actions to build trust and advocacy for EA amongst its members.
Strategy & Planning
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of EA’s long- term strategic plan ensuring that the customer voice is heard and that the end user of our products/services is at the heart of the planning process.
- Act as EA’s key point of contact for partners and other stakeholders on all insight related matters.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Team to develop and implement campaigns/ content to promote our work.
- Work with the Business Development Manager to develop, refine and implement a commercial strategy for EA.
Data Processes & Systems
- Work with the Data Analyst to capture & aggregate existing data, research and local intelligence used across EA.
- Develop the processes, systems & communications to embed an ‘insight-led’ approach to making strategic, operational and tactical decisions across EA.
- Review and understand the consumer journey for each customer group, identifying critical touch-points including the functionality of EA websites and the impact of marketing channels.