There were incomplete results available from Day 1 of the English Schools Championships in Manchester. Highlights so far, with one result still to come in were
- a Silver Medal for Lara Moffat in the Hammer, just 1cm behind the winner!
- a bronze medal in the Triple Jump for Lateefah Agberemi, who added over 50cms to her personal best, to go second in the MMK F20 rankings;
- a Club Record of 43.66m in the Javelin for Eva Durand, who added over 30cms to her own record, in finishing fourth in a high quality competition;
- Leo Freeland came fifth in the 1500m in a new personal best time of 3:53.34;
- Tim Penley, who spent much of 2019 and 2020 injured, was just 10cms below his recent personal best in the pole vault;
- Imogen King competed in the 1500mSc. After a fall in the water jump early in the race, she battled back to finish eighth.
Pictured above are Eva Durand, Tim Penley and Leo Freeland.
|Triple Jump||12||Shawn Ampofo||MMK||13.37m|
|Pole Vault||8=||Tim Penley||MMK||3.90m|
|100mH heat||7||Lily Holt||Chilt||14.91||nwi|
|Javelin||4||Eva Durand||MMK||43.66m||Club Record|
|Triple Jump||3||Lateefah Agberemi||MMK||12.00m||w+2.2, pb|
|Triple Jump||7||Amelia Daley||SBH||11.52m||w+1.9|
|Pole Vault||13||Mia Soman||MMK||2.60m|