Pictured above are the two MMK gold medallists Ayesha Jones and Daniel Ayodele.
Marshall Milton Keynes had one of its best days ever at the English Schools Championships in Manchester as the Juniors delivered a medal feast:
- Daniel Ayodele started things off with a win win the Long Jump with a leap of 6.26m, some 19cm ahead of his closest challenger.
- D’mitri Varlack had an excellent result in the same event, taking the bronze medal, just 3cms short of his personal best.
- Ayesha Jones was over 1.4m ahead of second place as she won the Javelin with a new club record 42.50m.
- Isaiah Phillip set a new personal best of 14.13m in the Shot as he grabbed a silver medal.
- Ayo Fatoki won his heat in 23.15m to qualify for the 200m final at the end of the day. Despite a sore hamstring he improved his time in the final, ducking under 23 seconds for the first time to take the silver medal.
- All the MMK athletes were in the top eight in their events, with Hope Oguidi fifth in the 200m Final (after two personal bests), Lizzie Garner seventh quickest in the 300m and Jamie Penley eighth in the Pole Vault.
- Bucks Schools won two more medals on this day with a gold in the Boys 1500m and a Silver in the Boys 800m, for a total of 3 gold, 3 silver and a bronze.
Pictured above, left to right are Ayo Fatoki, Isaiah Phillip, D’Mitri Varlack, Daniel Ayodele, Hope Oguidi & Ayesha Jones
|200m heat||1||Ayomide Fatoki||MMK||23.15||w+3.2, Q|
|200m Final||2||Ayomide Fatoki||MMK||22.97||w+1.4, pb|
|Long Jump||1||Daniel Ayodele||MMK||6.26m|
|Long Jump||3||D’Mitri Varlack||MMK||5.79m|
|Pole Vault||8||Jamie Penley||MMK||2.80m||pb=|
|200m heat||3||Hope Oguidi||MMK||25.82||w+1.2, pb, Q|
|200m Final||5||Hope Oguidi||MMK||25.75||w+2.0, pb|
|300m heat||4||Lizzie Garner||MMK||42.03||7th overall|
|Javelin||1||Ayesha Jones||MMK||42.50m||Club Record|